Parenting may be the right decision for you, so you owe it to yourself and your baby to think about what it would take. We can help connect you with resources that make you feel confident and supported if you choose to parent your little one.
Some questions to ask yourself if you’re considering parenting:
- What is my current situation and what kind of support would it take to parent my child?
- Are there programs in my area that would help support me and my child?
- What are the most import things I want to provide for my child?
- What do I want my life to look like in one year? In five years? In 10 years?
Adoption is so different today from what it was just a few decades ago. Where once birthmoms were expected to end their relationship with their child, today adoption can allow you to remain involved in your child’s life, all while you pursue your own future and give your child what he or she needs to thrive longterm.
Some questions to ask yourself when considering adoption:
- What did I think about adoption before I became pregnant? Has my opinion changed now?
- Am I open to remaining in contact with my child as he/she grows up?
- What do the people who are important in my life think about adoption?
- What level of influence do I believe people important to me should have in this decision?